Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Finances

This week we were able to read and reflect Marvin J. Ashton's pamphlet on Finances. We know that finances is important in a marriage. Not the amount of money you have but making sure you are aware of your earnings, spending, and savings. I remember getting into small groups and choosing one of the principles in the pamphlet. Mine was regarding setting a budget and being able to communicate it between the family. I was hardly ever involved in my families finances. I think that being a young child and having discussion on my family's earning could have been beneficial and a time that I could ask questions and see how much we spent towards different needs and wants. I was talking to my husband in how I felt it was important to discuss what we were buying with one another before doing so. My husband made a comment like his mom never discussed those things with his dad. I then asked him what he thought they did they were newlyweds. He had no idea. This was a good time for us to ask our parents but then realize that how our parents did things now is way different than when they were recently married. His parents were at a point where they had savings and needed not to discuss little things that they would be buying at the grocery store. This helped us to create a budget and come to know our needs and wants so that we could be living comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment